GAF is officially the largest roofing materials manufacturer in the United States, and they didn’t get there because they skimp on quality.
This supplier builds some of the most durable, resilient, and longest-lasting shingles on the market. It’s not enough for us here at A-to-Z Roofing & Exteriors to simply say that, however, so we’re dedicating this blog post to all of the specific reasons why GAF impact resistant shingles are an excellent choice for a wide variety of Denver roofing applications.
Due to the immense variety of GAF shingles available to you, we’re going to focus on one in specific: the Timberline ArmorShield II Impact-Resistant Shingle total roofing solution.
What’s So Great about This Shingle?
There is a lot to love about GAF impact-resistant shingles. In fact, we could probably make this a three-part series if we really wanted to cover everything.
However, for the sake of brevity, here’s a condensed list of the most compelling benefits that our customers enjoy when they select these shingles as part of their overall roofing system:
- GAF’s Timberline ArmorShield II Impact-Resistant shingles pass the UL2218 Class 4 impact test with flying colors.
Underwriters Laboratories, or UL, is an international standards organization that has developed a series of tests to determine the impact resistance of specific materials. Among the various classes of this test, Class 4 is considered to be one of the most intensive impact tests, involving the use of a steel ball that is dropped from a set distance onto the shingle.
GAF’s impact-resistant shingles are officially rated as having passed this stringent test, making them exceptionally strong in the face of hail, heavy rains, and falling debris.
- These shingles perform exceptionally well against wind.
Underwriters Laboratories also has a wind test standard that runs from Class A to Class F (Class F being the highest rated). GAF impact-resistant shingles also meet this standard, meaning they’re capable of withstanding winds up to 130 MPH!
- GAF Impact-Resistant shingles offer protection like no other shingle can. This shingle takes full advantage of some of the most advanced materials in existence, including a special formula known as FLX, giving it rubber-like flexibility unparalleled puncture resistance. This means that when the going gets tough, the GAF impact-resistant shingle stands up to the abuse.
- The Impact-Resistant shingles from GAF are proven to be safer thanks to their fire rating. Most wood shakes can only qualify for a Class C fire rating from UL. GAF impact-resistant shingles, on the other hand, are so fire-hardy that they carry a Class A fire resistance rating, the highest possible rating offered by UL.
- GAF Impact-Resistant shingles provide more peace of mind thanks to a lifetime limited transferable warranty. At A-to-Z Roofing & Exteriors, we know how important it is to have confidence in the build quality of your Denver roof. When you opt for GAF impact-resistant shingles with SmartChoice protection, you’re locking in a 10-year warranty term that covers all non-prorated material and installation.
- These shingles simply look good. Every time we install GAF impact-resistant shingles as part of a complete roof system, even we are impressed with how good they look. These shingles are designed to interlock and ‘weave’ among each other, providing secure, uniform placement that doesn’t shift over time like inferior shingles.
What’s more, GAF impact-resistant shingles come with StainGuard protection that adds enhanced defense against blue-green algae. This translates into a better-looking roof that stays that way for much longer than the competition.
In case you need yet another reason to choose GAF’s impact-resistant shingles for your Denver roofing project, how about this one: selecting these shingles could save you money on your homeowners insurance!
It’s true—because these shingles qualify for the UL Class 4 impact resistance rating, they do a better job of protecting your home. Insurance companies know this, and they’re often more likely to provide you with discounts on insurance coverage. These discounts vary widely from provider to provider, so be sure to check with your insurance company to see what premium concessions they’re willing to make if you do decide to use these shingles on your roof.
The Best Reason to Go with GAF? A-to-Z Installs it Best!
It’s one thing to choose the highest-quality, most durable shingles on the market. It’s another thing entirely to have them installed by a knowledgeable, proven roofing contractor with an established track record of success in the metro Denver area.