When it comes to building maintenance, commercial property owners and managers in Colorado have a lot to keep track of throughout the year. Priorities often shift from making ongoing improvements to updating HVAC equipment and keeping the building amenable for use by its tenants.
It’s understandable that the roof doesn’t always get a lot of attention. After all, it’s “out of sight, out of mind” most days, and too often, a problem with a commercial roof isn’t detected until a water leak or some other failure takes place. Of course, by that time, damage has already been done and repairs could be especially costly.
What if there was a way to get ahead of potentially troublesome areas on your commercial roof? What if there was something you could do to effectively protect yourself from many of the most expensive roof repairs?
As it turns out, there is.
Denver-area business and commercial property owners look to A-to-Z Roofing & Exteriors for routine roof inspections performed at regular intervals, a practice that helps to keep building maintenance costs low and roof-related surprises few and far between.
So, what is involved in a Denver commercial roof inspection, and why should you hire A-to-Z Roofing & Exteriors to perform an inspection on your commercial property sooner than later?
The Commercial Roof Inspection Checklist
Every commercial roof inspection we perform follows an extensive checklist. This checklist has been developed after 27 years of performing roofing services in the Denver metro area, and it serves as a guide for what our technicians look for once they make their way up to the roof.
At minimum, this checklist includes:
- Identifying areas where physical damage is present. To the untrained eye, many commercial rooftops can look the same. However, a trained roofing technician at A-to-Z Roofing & Exteriors can detect damaged sections of your roof that might otherwise go unnoticed.
- Locating problematic buildup of debris and dirt. Not all organic material on a roof is problematic. But, if it accumulates too much over time, it can grow into a significant issue.
- Inspecting chimneys, skylights, stovepipes, vents, and other roof-mounted appliances. Anywhere there is a portal in the roof, the associated flashing, sealing, and curbing can deteriorate over time.
- Evaluating expansion joints. On many commercial rooftops in Colorado, integrated structural joints are meant to allow for natural expansion and contraction of the building throughout the year. If these joints show excessive movement, steps may need to be taken to rectify the issue.
- Detecting discoloration, chalking, or other lap joint problems. Roof lap joint systems are meant to protect the building in places where roofing materials overlap. When these joints become compromised, a roof leak is often just one or two rainfalls away.
- Testing substrate for firmness and stability. A commercial roof is only as good as the support it has underneath. Often, roofing substrate issues start as soft spots that get worse over time.
In addition to this checklist, there are some special considerations given to flat, sloped, and metal roofs in Colorado. For example, many flat roofs may develop leaks due to excessive water ponding, and some metal roofs can corrode or exhibit other problems like oil canning, popped screw heads, or loose panels.
Why Choose A-to-Z Roofing & Exteriors
We are one of the few Denver-area roofing companies that has the ability to work on commercial roofs of all shapes, sizes, and styles. And, we’ve been performing roofing services in the Denver metro area since 1994.
Furthermore, the roofing professionals at A-to-Z Roofing & Exteriors always put safety first. This includes our own personal safety and the safety of your commercial building for its inhabitants, tenants, and patrons.
It’s one thing to detect potential issues with a commercial roof; it’s another thing entirely to be able to develop a game plan for resolving the issues through expert repair or replacement of commercial roofing materials.
Whether you have a newer roof composed of state-of-the-art material or a decades-old roof that is in dire need of maintenance, we are your go-to source for roofing expertise. For most commercial buildings in the Denver area, a roof inspection only takes a few hours to complete. As soon as we’ve performed a thorough evaluation, we’ll deliver you a comprehensive report detailing the condition of your commercial roof, any issues that were found, and recommended next steps.
At A-to-Z Roofing & Exteriors, we’re passionate about keeping Colorado commercial properties functional and efficient throughout the year.
If you think it’s time for a roof inspection, don’t put it off any longer; contact us today!